Specimen jars filled with bugs, rats and shrunken heads are inexpensive to make and add the perfect touch to your Halloween decorations.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
old glass jars
black spray paint
wax metallic finishes
rubber or plastic toys and bugs, doll heads
water and food coloring
twine or string
1. Wash the jars and lids thoroughly. Spray paint the lids and, once dry, apply wax metallic finishes to them for an aged look.
2. Fill a measuring cup with water. Add a drop of food coloring and stir. Add more food coloring or more water to get the intensity of color that you want.
3. Place a toy or knick-knack into the jar and fill the jar with water. Screw the lid on tightly.
4. Using the tags, write out a label for each jar. To antique the tags, gently pat or rub them on an ink pad.
5. Tie the labels onto the jars with twine.
Cordless Paint Sprayer (01:27)
Easy Kitchen Updates (20:00)
Gangster Getaway (20:00)
Magazine Rack (20:00)
The James House (00:03:27)
Installing Crown Molding (01:00)
Modern Wood Paneling System (04:52)
Best Shop Vacs for Woodworkers (04:23)
Closet Dressing Room (02:36)
Step 4: Sand the Surfaces (02:11)
Kitchen Design Inspirations 10 Photos
10 Wedding Shower Games and Activities 10 Photos
How To Make a Handmade Leather Purse 14 Photos
8 Steps to the Perfect Bathroom 8 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.