Courtesy of She-n-He Photography
Yield: 16 servings
For the strawberries:
8 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup sugar
For the biscuits:
1 cup sugar
6 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3 sticks (24 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, diced
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 large eggs
For the whipped cream:
1 pint heavy whipping cream, very cold
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Strawberries: Combine the strawberries and the sugar. Line a basket with a cloth napkin and a sheet of parchment paper, and transfer the strawberries to the basket.
2. Biscuits: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, 12 times. In a medium bowl, whisk together cream with eggs. Pour over flour mixture and pulse until large clumps begin to form, about 25 times.
3. Using a half-cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop, gently pack dough, invert and tap onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat to form 16 biscuits. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then transfer to a basket lined with a cloth napkin.
4. Whipped cream: Beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Transfer to a bowl or compote dish.
5. To serve: Place baskets of strawberries and biscuits, and compote of whipped cream, in the middle of the table or on the buffet, and let guests enjoy building their own strawberry shortcakes!
10 Unique Ideas for Wedding Guest Books 10 Photos
10 Mediterranean-Inspired Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
6 Simple DIY Headboards 6 Photos
Guide to Creating a Country Kitchen 3 Photos
DIY Weddings: Menu Ideas and Recipes 11 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.