Courtesy of She-n-He Photography
Yield: 16 servings
For the strawberries:
8 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup sugar
For the biscuits:
1 cup sugar
6 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3 sticks (24 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, diced
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 large eggs
For the whipped cream:
1 pint heavy whipping cream, very cold
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Strawberries: Combine the strawberries and the sugar. Line a basket with a cloth napkin and a sheet of parchment paper, and transfer the strawberries to the basket.
2. Biscuits: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, 12 times. In a medium bowl, whisk together cream with eggs. Pour over flour mixture and pulse until large clumps begin to form, about 25 times.
3. Using a half-cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop, gently pack dough, invert and tap onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat to form 16 biscuits. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then transfer to a basket lined with a cloth napkin.
4. Whipped cream: Beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Transfer to a bowl or compote dish.
5. To serve: Place baskets of strawberries and biscuits, and compote of whipped cream, in the middle of the table or on the buffet, and let guests enjoy building their own strawberry shortcakes!
Weatherproofing Doors (04:50)
Bathroom Technology (01:00)
Kitchen Crashers Promo (00:01:00)
Build a Dog Door (04:16)
Glitzy Teen Pages (04:20)
French Country Bath (20:00)
Specialty Light Fixtures (00:01:00)
Easy Kitchen Sink Installation (01:03)
Safe Outlets for Your Home (02:44)
Say Good-Bye to Bifold Doors (00:01:00)
All About Handsaws 10 Photos
How to Add Outlets 8 Photos
Living Rooms and Family Spaces 15 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.