How to create a funky jewelry rack from an old record player and magazine rack.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
wire magazine rack
Note: For this project, we customized a wire magazine rack.
1. Cut the rack down using bolt cutters.
2. Reconfigure all of the pieces, and then affix them with solder.
3. Paint the new rack.
4. Disconnect all of the necessary mechanical pieces on the record player.
5. Re-wire the record player if needed.
6. Mount the rack to the turntable with machine screws.
7. Drill holes in the base of the rack.
8. Drill matching holes in the top of the turntable.
9. Tap threads into the turntable to accept the machine screws.
10. Attach the rack to the turntable.
Stylish Urban Kitchen (00:02:51)
Faux Painting Techniques (01:02)
Blog Cabin 2014 Family Room (00:02:07)
Bathroom Redo on a Budget (00:03:35)
Versatile Automotive Tools (04:07)
BioBased Spray Foam Insulation (00:01:01)
Prepare Sink for Installation (01:51)
Pedestal Sink Installation (01:12)
Creative Scrap Uses (04:50)
How to Build Custom Shutters (00:55)
Chillaxation Man Caves 26 Photos
How To Make a Classic Wedding Veil 15 Photos
Fun Wedding Ad Lib Games 3 Photos
6 Ways to Embellish Your Staircase 6 Photos
BATHtastic! Bathroom Floors 13 Photos
Photo Gallery: Types of Bricks 7 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.