How to create a funky jewelry rack from an old record player and magazine rack.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
wire magazine rack
Note: For this project, we customized a wire magazine rack.
1. Cut the rack down using bolt cutters.
2. Reconfigure all of the pieces, and then affix them with solder.
3. Paint the new rack.
4. Disconnect all of the necessary mechanical pieces on the record player.
5. Re-wire the record player if needed.
6. Mount the rack to the turntable with machine screws.
7. Drill holes in the base of the rack.
8. Drill matching holes in the top of the turntable.
9. Tap threads into the turntable to accept the machine screws.
10. Attach the rack to the turntable.
A Look at Blog Cabin 2014 (00:02:00)
Under-Deck Lattice (05:26)
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
Attaching Bamboo to a Pergola (00:52)
Cutting Flagstone (01:39)
Building Iron-Pipe Shelving (00:01:00)
Upgrading Vanity Plumbing (01:23)
Repair a Running Toilet (02:01)
Fold-Away Changing Table (02:05)
Bathroom Sink Removal (00:01:45)
6 Ways to Embellish Your Staircase 6 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
12 Amazing Outdoor Kitchens 12 Photos
10 Designer Bathrooms Fit for Royalty 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.