How to create a funky jewelry rack from an old record player and magazine rack.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
wire magazine rack
Note: For this project, we customized a wire magazine rack.
1. Cut the rack down using bolt cutters.
2. Reconfigure all of the pieces, and then affix them with solder.
3. Paint the new rack.
4. Disconnect all of the necessary mechanical pieces on the record player.
5. Re-wire the record player if needed.
6. Mount the rack to the turntable with machine screws.
7. Drill holes in the base of the rack.
8. Drill matching holes in the top of the turntable.
9. Tap threads into the turntable to accept the machine screws.
10. Attach the rack to the turntable.
10 Unique Ideas for Wedding Guest Books 10 Photos
10 Mediterranean-Inspired Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
6 Simple DIY Headboards 6 Photos
Guide to Creating a Country Kitchen 3 Photos
DIY Weddings: Menu Ideas and Recipes 11 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.