Learn fun ways to decorate faux pumpkins: by carving, using card stock or drawing with markers.
More in Decorating
Carving and Decorating Faux Pumpkins
Materials and Tools
card stock (optional)
low tack painter's tape (optional)
battery-operated tea light
embellishments (feathers, pompoms, etc.)
vase or urn
1. Carving a foam pumpkin: Draw a face on your pumpkin. You can either freehand a design or create a pattern on card stock and tape it to the pumpkin to trace.
2. Carve out the face with a knife, cutting away your pen marks. Cut the top off of the pumpkin.
3. Use only battery-operated tea lights inside of foam pumpkins, as they can be flammable.
4. Make a glitzy pumpkin witch: Paint a face on your pumpkin and add glitter. Embellish the pumpkin with things like feathers, pompoms, etc.
5. Line the rim of a vase or urn with feathers and set the pumpkin on top.
6. Create a crazy foam face pumpkin: Cut shapes from craft foam and use foam glue to stick them to the pumpkin.
7. Have your child sign the bottom of the pumpkin for a holiday heirloom that will last for years.
Hardwood Floor Installation (00:50)
Outdoor Kitchens and Bars (20:00)
Painting With Rags (01:00)
Make a Remnant Rug (03:38)
An All-New Kitchen Crashers (00:15)
Concrete Counters (1 minute) (00:01:04)
DIY Metal Shelving (03:51)
Arts and Crafts Kitchen - 1 (05:26)
Fun Kitchen Gadgets (00:01:00)
Stone Mason 911 - Part 3 (03:15)
A Gallery of Desperate Landscapes 13 Photos
How to Install a Prehung Entry Door 12 Photos
9 Ways to Decorate With Neon Paint 9 Photos
Top 10 DIY Dining Room Projects 10 Photos
10 Amazing Jack O' Lantern Masterpieces 10 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.