Learn fun ways to decorate faux pumpkins: by carving, using card stock or drawing with markers.
More in Decorating
Carving and Decorating Faux Pumpkins
Materials and Tools
card stock (optional)
low tack painter's tape (optional)
battery-operated tea light
embellishments (feathers, pompoms, etc.)
vase or urn
1. Carving a foam pumpkin: Draw a face on your pumpkin. You can either freehand a design or create a pattern on card stock and tape it to the pumpkin to trace.
2. Carve out the face with a knife, cutting away your pen marks. Cut the top off of the pumpkin.
3. Use only battery-operated tea lights inside of foam pumpkins, as they can be flammable.
4. Make a glitzy pumpkin witch: Paint a face on your pumpkin and add glitter. Embellish the pumpkin with things like feathers, pompoms, etc.
5. Line the rim of a vase or urn with feathers and set the pumpkin on top.
6. Create a crazy foam face pumpkin: Cut shapes from craft foam and use foam glue to stick them to the pumpkin.
7. Have your child sign the bottom of the pumpkin for a holiday heirloom that will last for years.
A Look at Blog Cabin 2014 (00:02:00)
Under-Deck Lattice (05:26)
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
Attaching Bamboo to a Pergola (00:52)
Cutting Flagstone (01:39)
Building Iron-Pipe Shelving (00:01:00)
Upgrading Vanity Plumbing (01:23)
Repair a Running Toilet (02:01)
Fold-Away Changing Table (02:05)
Bathroom Sink Removal (00:01:45)
6 Ways to Embellish Your Staircase 6 Photos
How to Install Doorway Molding 8 Photos
12 Amazing Outdoor Kitchens 12 Photos
10 Designer Bathrooms Fit for Royalty 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.