Learn fun ways to decorate faux pumpkins: by carving, using card stock or drawing with markers.
More in Decorating
Carving and Decorating Faux Pumpkins
Materials and Tools
card stock (optional)
low tack painter's tape (optional)
battery-operated tea light
embellishments (feathers, pompoms, etc.)
vase or urn
1. Carving a foam pumpkin: Draw a face on your pumpkin. You can either freehand a design or create a pattern on card stock and tape it to the pumpkin to trace.
2. Carve out the face with a knife, cutting away your pen marks. Cut the top off of the pumpkin.
3. Use only battery-operated tea lights inside of foam pumpkins, as they can be flammable.
4. Make a glitzy pumpkin witch: Paint a face on your pumpkin and add glitter. Embellish the pumpkin with things like feathers, pompoms, etc.
5. Line the rim of a vase or urn with feathers and set the pumpkin on top.
6. Create a crazy foam face pumpkin: Cut shapes from craft foam and use foam glue to stick them to the pumpkin.
7. Have your child sign the bottom of the pumpkin for a holiday heirloom that will last for years.
Morning Off Refuels Ice (00:02:08)
Build a Nativity Yard Display (02:27)
Stained Concrete (01:00)
Designing a Kitchen Island (01:11)
Blog Cabin 2015: Chris's Take (00:01:53)
Atom Smoke Alarm: Macro Design (00:01:04)
Two-Tone Harmony (03:35)
Secret Door (03:18)
Easily Build a Stone Fire Pit (03:02)
Cabinet Jack and Claw (01:15)
12 Cozy Guest Bedroom Retreats 12 Photos
Pergola Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 25 Photos
Pergola and Gazebo Design Trends 10 Photos
Indoors Out Patio Showcase 27 Photos
Seven Crashed Baths You Can't Miss 41 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.