Learn fun ways to decorate faux pumpkins: by carving, using card stock or drawing with markers.
More in Decorating
Carving and Decorating Faux Pumpkins
Materials and Tools
card stock (optional)
low tack painter's tape (optional)
battery-operated tea light
embellishments (feathers, pompoms, etc.)
vase or urn
1. Carving a foam pumpkin: Draw a face on your pumpkin. You can either freehand a design or create a pattern on card stock and tape it to the pumpkin to trace.
2. Carve out the face with a knife, cutting away your pen marks. Cut the top off of the pumpkin.
3. Use only battery-operated tea lights inside of foam pumpkins, as they can be flammable.
4. Make a glitzy pumpkin witch: Paint a face on your pumpkin and add glitter. Embellish the pumpkin with things like feathers, pompoms, etc.
5. Line the rim of a vase or urn with feathers and set the pumpkin on top.
6. Create a crazy foam face pumpkin: Cut shapes from craft foam and use foam glue to stick them to the pumpkin.
7. Have your child sign the bottom of the pumpkin for a holiday heirloom that will last for years.
Create a Custom Kitchen Island (00:01:00)
Installing Carpet on Stairs (05:24)
How to Build Floating Shelves (00:60)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Latex Paint over Semigloss (01:26)
Handmade Jewelry (04:32)
Installing Pebble Flooring (00:01:00)
Windows- Part 1 (07:03)
Aspect Peel-and-Stick Tiles (00:01:39)
LED Glass Countertops (01:21)
Jimmie Johnson's Man Cave Gift 9 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.