Learn fun ways to decorate faux pumpkins: by carving, using card stock or drawing with markers.
More in Decorating
Carving and Decorating Faux Pumpkins
Materials and Tools
card stock (optional)
low tack painter's tape (optional)
battery-operated tea light
embellishments (feathers, pompoms, etc.)
vase or urn
1. Carving a foam pumpkin: Draw a face on your pumpkin. You can either freehand a design or create a pattern on card stock and tape it to the pumpkin to trace.
2. Carve out the face with a knife, cutting away your pen marks. Cut the top off of the pumpkin.
3. Use only battery-operated tea lights inside of foam pumpkins, as they can be flammable.
4. Make a glitzy pumpkin witch: Paint a face on your pumpkin and add glitter. Embellish the pumpkin with things like feathers, pompoms, etc.
5. Line the rim of a vase or urn with feathers and set the pumpkin on top.
6. Create a crazy foam face pumpkin: Cut shapes from craft foam and use foam glue to stick them to the pumpkin.
7. Have your child sign the bottom of the pumpkin for a holiday heirloom that will last for years.
2- Kerf Cuts (05:43)
Installing Laminate Flooring (07:28)
Remove Wallpaper Full Project (08:59)
Easy Glass Etching (04:15)
Log Cabin Kitchens (02:26)
Stress Cracks in Drywall (03:09)
Selecting the Right Tile Size (01:28)
Replacing a Wood Floor (01:08)
Build a Rustic Barn Door (00:01:00)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Ways to Declutter and Stay Organized 11 Photos
11 Ways to Upcycle Old Sweaters 11 Photos
The Latest in Wall Covering Trends 8 Photos
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Kitchen Design: 11 Great Floor Plans 11 Photos
How to Wrap a Gift in Floral Garland 5 Photos
Small-Kitchen Design Tips 14 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.