Follow these tips to create easy and elegant holiday looks for the home.
More in Decorating
- Embellish front doors and interior doors with fun, easy accents like stuffed gingerbread men or wire stars. You can find a variety of festive accents like these in holiday shops or you can make them yourself.
- Hang ornaments in windows or doorways, or create groupings of themed ornaments and hang from a chandelier to create a magical accent over a table (this works particularly well in a large dining room).
- Create a quick, lovely mantel decoration with magnolia leaves and ornaments. Other great options for mantels: small vases filled with colorful glass beads and/or cranberries accented with sprigs of greenery.
- Add a dramatic look to columns by wrapping them with garlands top-to-bottom.
- For a stunning yet simple centerpiece, spray-paint twigs white or ivory, place in a vase with clear marbles, then drape with lengths of white or ivory pearls.
- To create an elegant look for Haunkkah, choose stems with berries in silvery blue, or embellish vases with blue fabric and create groupings of votive candles in matching shades.
Open House at the Dollar House (00:02:30)
Ceramic versus Porcelain Tile (02:30)
Cabinet Door Inserts (01:00)
Laminate Countertops (01:00)
Stylish Tile Porch Floor (00:05:21)
Espaliered Vine Disguises Wall (00:01:00)
Make Your Own Cedar Shutters (00:01:00)
Budget Laundry Room Makeover (00:04:12)
Warming Up With Earth Tones (03:12)
Painted Upholstery (02:00)
7 Budget Backsplash Projects 7 Photos
How to Host a Brunch Wedding Shower 28 Photos
How to Add Outlets 8 Photos
Container and Small-Space Gardening 10 Photos
Fantastic Bathroom Makeovers 20 Photos
Blog Cabin 2012: February Update 14 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.