Follow these tips to create easy and elegant holiday looks for the home.
More in Decorating
- Embellish front doors and interior doors with fun, easy accents like stuffed gingerbread men or wire stars. You can find a variety of festive accents like these in holiday shops or you can make them yourself.
- Hang ornaments in windows or doorways, or create groupings of themed ornaments and hang from a chandelier to create a magical accent over a table (this works particularly well in a large dining room).
- Create a quick, lovely mantel decoration with magnolia leaves and ornaments. Other great options for mantels: small vases filled with colorful glass beads and/or cranberries accented with sprigs of greenery.
- Add a dramatic look to columns by wrapping them with garlands top-to-bottom.
- For a stunning yet simple centerpiece, spray-paint twigs white or ivory, place in a vase with clear marbles, then drape with lengths of white or ivory pearls.
- To create an elegant look for Haunkkah, choose stems with berries in silvery blue, or embellish vases with blue fabric and create groupings of votive candles in matching shades.
Ingenious Yard Nutcracker (04:53)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Beadboard Alternative (01:00)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Flooring Overview (02:37)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Updating a Fireplace (01:00)
Cool Floating Kitchen Shelves (04:55)
Build a Marble-Top Table (00:01:00)
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.