Denim and suede are the perfect fabrics for creating these rocking patterned pillows.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
two pieces of fabric cut 1" longer and wider than the pillow form
ballpoint machine needle
small, sharp scissors
basic image to cut out
Aleene’s Stop Fraying
hand-sewing needle and thread
1. Layer scrap fabric, one fabric piece and image together in the area where you want the design. Begin with the accent fabric (right side up) underneath the front of pillow fabric piece. Next, place the paper image on top of the T-shirt. Use sewing pins to pin the layers together.
2. Stitch around the image, through all layers, using a short stitch length and a ballpoint needle. Use contrasting thread for extra pop and stitch slowly around the details.
3. Remove the pins and tear away the image. Use small, sharp scissors to remove the pillow fabric layer, trimming as close to the stitching line as possible.
4. On the back side, pink the edges of the accent fabric to prevent fraying.
5. Sew the panels, wrong sides together, leaving an opening to turn the pillow right side out. Insert the pillow form and hand-stitch the opening closed.
6. If you are working with woven fabrics, use Aleene’s Stop Fraying to prevent the cut-away portion of the pillow fabric from fraying. Apply Stop Fraying to the raw edges with a paintbrush.
Retaining Walls 101 (02:51)
Garage Organization Tips (00:02:14)
Tile Floor (03:03)
Stained Concrete Flooring (00:00:30)
Building a Padded Headboard (01:00)
Space-Saving Storage Ideas (00:01:00)
Autumn Lawn Care (00:01:04)
Unwelcome Demo Surprise (00:04:00)
Low-Voltage Outdoor Lighting (00:01:06)
Installing Surround Sound (01:00)
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
How To Build Hanging Dock Hammocks 10 Photos
12 Amazing Outdoor Kitchens 12 Photos
Laminate Luxury 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.