Most people think of doll hair as permanent, but doll wigs can be made not only from human hair but also from a wide vareity of other materials.
More in Decorating
Here are some of the materials that can be used to make doll wigs:
Here's how to make a doll wig that can be used again and again.
Materials and Tools:
light fabric pen
craft glue, preferably a product that dries flexible and transparent
wig material (any of the materials listed above)
1. Make a wig base by marking a hairline on the doll's head, using a light fabric pen.
2. Cover the head with plastic wrap.
3. Trim the edges according to the marked hairline to form a wig base.
4. Cover the wig base with craft glue.
5. Place wig material on the wet glue, and allow to dry thoroughly. The doll wig is ready to use.
Materials and Tools:
needle and thread
1. Cut one leg of the pantyhose crosswise to form 2" rings.
2. Stretch each ring sideways. This will make the raw edges fold in, and the rings will become long and narrow.
3. Line up the several rings side by side, and using a medium sewing machine stitch, stitch across all the rings halfway from end to end.
4. Glue the rings to the doll's head, placing the seam in the center as the part in the hair.
5. Embellish by sliding pony beads onto the ends of the rings.
To make red dreadlocks, dye white or tan pantyhose with red dye.
2- Kerf Cuts (05:43)
Installing Laminate Flooring (07:28)
Remove Wallpaper Full Project (08:59)
Easy Glass Etching (04:15)
Log Cabin Kitchens (02:26)
Stress Cracks in Drywall (03:09)
Selecting the Right Tile Size (01:28)
Replacing a Wood Floor (01:08)
Build a Rustic Barn Door (00:01:00)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Ways to Declutter and Stay Organized 11 Photos
11 Ways to Upcycle Old Sweaters 11 Photos
The Latest in Wall Covering Trends 8 Photos
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Kitchen Design: 11 Great Floor Plans 11 Photos
How to Wrap a Gift in Floral Garland 5 Photos
Small-Kitchen Design Tips 14 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.