Use tissue paper and foil to decoupage clear glass votives into colorful candleholders.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Clear, smooth glass votive
Tissue paper (plain and with designs)
Two-sided (one is adhesive) foils in various colors
Optional: glass frit
Note: Tissue paper also comes in patterns.
1. Clean glass.
2. Cut or rip tissue paper, depending on effect desired.
3. Dip your finger in the varnish and rub a small amount over the area where you're going to place the tissue paper.
4. Carefully pick up the paper and put it on the votive.
5. Put a small amount of varnish on your finger and apply it over the tissue.
6. Continue this process, layering the tissue until the votive is completely covered.
7. If you are using shapes (such as fish) or the two-sided foil, now is the time to place them.
8. After the votive is dry, you can add glass globs and gold leafing with a leafing pen. Option: If so desired, add glass frit (available in jars at craft-supply stores) for embellishment.
Products: Available at craft, art-supply or discount stores nationwide.
Ingenious Yard Nutcracker (04:53)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Beadboard Alternative (01:00)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Flooring Overview (02:37)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Updating a Fireplace (01:00)
Cool Floating Kitchen Shelves (04:55)
Build a Marble-Top Table (00:01:00)
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.