Use tissue paper and foil to decoupage clear glass votives into colorful candleholders.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Clear, smooth glass votive
Tissue paper (plain and with designs)
Two-sided (one is adhesive) foils in various colors
Optional: glass frit
Note: Tissue paper also comes in patterns.
1. Clean glass.
2. Cut or rip tissue paper, depending on effect desired.
3. Dip your finger in the varnish and rub a small amount over the area where you're going to place the tissue paper.
4. Carefully pick up the paper and put it on the votive.
5. Put a small amount of varnish on your finger and apply it over the tissue.
6. Continue this process, layering the tissue until the votive is completely covered.
7. If you are using shapes (such as fish) or the two-sided foil, now is the time to place them.
8. After the votive is dry, you can add glass globs and gold leafing with a leafing pen. Option: If so desired, add glass frit (available in jars at craft-supply stores) for embellishment.
Products: Available at craft, art-supply or discount stores nationwide.
Open House at the Dollar House (00:02:30)
Ceramic versus Porcelain Tile (02:30)
Cabinet Door Inserts (01:00)
Laminate Countertops (01:00)
Stylish Tile Porch Floor (00:05:21)
Espaliered Vine Disguises Wall (00:01:00)
Make Your Own Cedar Shutters (00:01:00)
Budget Laundry Room Makeover (00:04:12)
Warming Up With Earth Tones (03:12)
Painted Upholstery (02:00)
7 Budget Backsplash Projects 7 Photos
How to Host a Brunch Wedding Shower 28 Photos
How to Add Outlets 8 Photos
Container and Small-Space Gardening 10 Photos
Fantastic Bathroom Makeovers 20 Photos
Blog Cabin 2012: February Update 14 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.