Use tissue paper and foil to decoupage clear glass votives into colorful candleholders.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Clear, smooth glass votive
Tissue paper (plain and with designs)
Two-sided (one is adhesive) foils in various colors
Optional: glass frit
Note: Tissue paper also comes in patterns.
1. Clean glass.
2. Cut or rip tissue paper, depending on effect desired.
3. Dip your finger in the varnish and rub a small amount over the area where you're going to place the tissue paper.
4. Carefully pick up the paper and put it on the votive.
5. Put a small amount of varnish on your finger and apply it over the tissue.
6. Continue this process, layering the tissue until the votive is completely covered.
7. If you are using shapes (such as fish) or the two-sided foil, now is the time to place them.
8. After the votive is dry, you can add glass globs and gold leafing with a leafing pen. Option: If so desired, add glass frit (available in jars at craft-supply stores) for embellishment.
Products: Available at craft, art-supply or discount stores nationwide.
Create a Custom Kitchen Island (00:01:00)
Creating an Accessible Bath (00:03:20)
Garage Barrage Part 2 (04:13)
Plaster Wall Repairs (01:38)
Butterfly Bassinet Canopy (05:57)
Leather Furniture Care (00:00:23)
Backyard Living Room (20:01)
Preparing for a New Countertop (00:24)
At-Home-Bar Beer Dispenser (00:01:16)
Cork Flooring in the Bathroom (00:01:00)
12 Creative Headboards 12 Photos
Ways to Declutter and Stay Organized 11 Photos
Design Tips for Beautiful Pergolas 16 Photos
BATHtastic! Bathrooms from Matt Muenster 25 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.