Use tissue paper and foil to decoupage clear glass votives into colorful candleholders.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Clear, smooth glass votive
Tissue paper (plain and with designs)
Two-sided (one is adhesive) foils in various colors
Optional: glass frit
Note: Tissue paper also comes in patterns.
1. Clean glass.
2. Cut or rip tissue paper, depending on effect desired.
3. Dip your finger in the varnish and rub a small amount over the area where you're going to place the tissue paper.
4. Carefully pick up the paper and put it on the votive.
5. Put a small amount of varnish on your finger and apply it over the tissue.
6. Continue this process, layering the tissue until the votive is completely covered.
7. If you are using shapes (such as fish) or the two-sided foil, now is the time to place them.
8. After the votive is dry, you can add glass globs and gold leafing with a leafing pen. Option: If so desired, add glass frit (available in jars at craft-supply stores) for embellishment.
Products: Available at craft, art-supply or discount stores nationwide.
How to Install Wainscoting (12:40)
Bathroom Technology (01:00)
Install a Wood Parquet Floor (01:00)
Installing a Mantel on Stone (00:03:53)
Super Suite! (20:00)
Installing a Vessel Sink (01:00)
The Joy of Outdoor Kitchens (02:21)
Perfect Pitch for a Patio (01:25)
Applying Stucco to DIY Project (00:01:00)
Installing Sliding Glass Doors (00:01:00)
How To Make a Coffee Bean Backsplash 14 Photos
15 Romantic Bathroom Designs 15 Photos
How To Make a Corset T-Shirt Dress 8 Photos
How To Make a Classic Tulle Tutu 15 Photos
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
Outdoor Kitchens and Grilling Spaces 29 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.