Use tissue paper and foil to decoupage clear glass votives into colorful candleholders.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Clear, smooth glass votive
Tissue paper (plain and with designs)
Two-sided (one is adhesive) foils in various colors
Optional: glass frit
Note: Tissue paper also comes in patterns.
1. Clean glass.
2. Cut or rip tissue paper, depending on effect desired.
3. Dip your finger in the varnish and rub a small amount over the area where you're going to place the tissue paper.
4. Carefully pick up the paper and put it on the votive.
5. Put a small amount of varnish on your finger and apply it over the tissue.
6. Continue this process, layering the tissue until the votive is completely covered.
7. If you are using shapes (such as fish) or the two-sided foil, now is the time to place them.
8. After the votive is dry, you can add glass globs and gold leafing with a leafing pen. Option: If so desired, add glass frit (available in jars at craft-supply stores) for embellishment.
Products: Available at craft, art-supply or discount stores nationwide.
Top 10 Water Features (20:01)
Create a Faux Tile Backsplash (01:02)
Cleaning Window Treatments (05:11)
Building a Kitchen Bar Cart (01:02)
A Porch to Chill On Part 1 (06:01)
Decorative Cabinet Panels (03:16)
Installing Laminate Floors (01:00)
Relaxing Yard for Entertaining (00:03:14)
Faucet Tips (01:50)
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
Pictures of Formal English Gardens 17 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
Chalkboard Paint Ideas for the Kitchen 11 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
Blog Cabin 2012: Artistic Vision 100 Photos
Stylish and Unique Headboard Ideas 9 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.