Use tissue paper and foil to decoupage clear glass votives into colorful candleholders.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Clear, smooth glass votive
Tissue paper (plain and with designs)
Two-sided (one is adhesive) foils in various colors
Optional: glass frit
Note: Tissue paper also comes in patterns.
1. Clean glass.
2. Cut or rip tissue paper, depending on effect desired.
3. Dip your finger in the varnish and rub a small amount over the area where you're going to place the tissue paper.
4. Carefully pick up the paper and put it on the votive.
5. Put a small amount of varnish on your finger and apply it over the tissue.
6. Continue this process, layering the tissue until the votive is completely covered.
7. If you are using shapes (such as fish) or the two-sided foil, now is the time to place them.
8. After the votive is dry, you can add glass globs and gold leafing with a leafing pen. Option: If so desired, add glass frit (available in jars at craft-supply stores) for embellishment.
Products: Available at craft, art-supply or discount stores nationwide.
How to Build a Retaining Wall (05:56)
Under-Deck Lattice (05:26)
Super Simple Laminate Ceiling (04:37)
Electrical Safety Devices (02:24)
Horse- and Gym-Themed Bedrooms (00:03:34)
Load-Bearing Beam Installation (02:54)
Door Frame and Jamb Removal (01:32)
Cabinets: Storage Accessories (00:02:08)
Flat-Screen TV Stand (02:48)
Under Stairs Closet (20:00)
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
The Best Toys for Playful Cats and Dogs 13 Photos
How to Lay a Gravel Pathway 8 Photos
Teenage Girl's Goth-Style Bathroom 9 Photos
Pergola Pictures From Blog Cabin 2014 25 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.