Use tissue paper and foil to decoupage clear glass votives into colorful candleholders.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Clear, smooth glass votive
Tissue paper (plain and with designs)
Two-sided (one is adhesive) foils in various colors
Optional: glass frit
Note: Tissue paper also comes in patterns.
1. Clean glass.
2. Cut or rip tissue paper, depending on effect desired.
3. Dip your finger in the varnish and rub a small amount over the area where you're going to place the tissue paper.
4. Carefully pick up the paper and put it on the votive.
5. Put a small amount of varnish on your finger and apply it over the tissue.
6. Continue this process, layering the tissue until the votive is completely covered.
7. If you are using shapes (such as fish) or the two-sided foil, now is the time to place them.
8. After the votive is dry, you can add glass globs and gold leafing with a leafing pen. Option: If so desired, add glass frit (available in jars at craft-supply stores) for embellishment.
Products: Available at craft, art-supply or discount stores nationwide.
Cabinets: Antiquing (00:02:17)
How to Paint a Hardwood Floor (00:03:50)
Superhero Man Cave (00:03:59)
Remote-Control Attic Lift (00:01:21)
Outdoor Fireplace (05:03)
Build a Concrete Counter Form (00:02:31)
Adding to a Deck (01:00)
Eating In (00:01:00)
Fire Pit Creates a Destination (00:01:40)
How to Build a Bar Top (00:00:60)
Gardens We Love From Rate My Space 12 Photos
Small-Kitchen Design Tips 14 Photos
How To Throw a Sprinkles Baby Shower 15 Photos
Floor Construction Methods 18 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.