Use tissue paper and foil to decoupage clear glass votives into colorful candleholders.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
Clear, smooth glass votive
Tissue paper (plain and with designs)
Two-sided (one is adhesive) foils in various colors
Optional: glass frit
Note: Tissue paper also comes in patterns.
1. Clean glass.
2. Cut or rip tissue paper, depending on effect desired.
3. Dip your finger in the varnish and rub a small amount over the area where you're going to place the tissue paper.
4. Carefully pick up the paper and put it on the votive.
5. Put a small amount of varnish on your finger and apply it over the tissue.
6. Continue this process, layering the tissue until the votive is completely covered.
7. If you are using shapes (such as fish) or the two-sided foil, now is the time to place them.
8. After the votive is dry, you can add glass globs and gold leafing with a leafing pen. Option: If so desired, add glass frit (available in jars at craft-supply stores) for embellishment.
Products: Available at craft, art-supply or discount stores nationwide.
Decked-Out Decks and Patios (20:00)
Install a Tile Floor (01:00)
HDMI Cables: Splurge or Skimp? (00:01:00)
Irregular Stone Floor (01:35)
The Law Job (20:00)
Family-Friendly Front Yard (00:03:52)
Installing a Security Light (01:02)
Load Bearing Wall Removal (01:47)
Cheap to Chic (20:00)
Custom Height Cabinets (01:39)
Bathroom Flooring Ideas 15 Photos
10 Designer Bathrooms Fit for Royalty 10 Photos
How To Build A Custom TV Lift 8 Photos
BATHtastic! Bathrooms from Matt Muenster 25 Photos
The Elements of a Great Outdoor Space 10 Photos
How to Add Outlets 8 Photos
10 Things You Must Know About Ponds 10 Photos
12 Amazing Outdoor Kitchens 12 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.