Use a simple tool to transform clay into perfectly shaped handcrafted beads that look great strung together.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
1 oz. (1/2 block) pearl Premo
Luminarte powered pigments
Sculpey gloss polymer clay finish
round nose pliers
crimp pliers (optional)
small spoon or stir stick
brush for Sculpey gloss
Sculpey Super Slicer
acrylic clay roller
1. Prepare the clay by kneading it, both by hand and with an acrylic roller, until soft. When it's soft, add powdered pigment to the dough.
2. Roll the clay into small balls and shapes with the Tri-Bead Roller.
3. With the clay spiral laid flat between two fingers, slide a needle through the center of each bead.
4. Keep the beads separated on aluminum foil that has been folded into accordion pleats.
5. Prepare 15 beads: bake them on the pleated foil for 20 minutes at 275 degrees, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
6. Paint one side of each bead with Sculpey gloss and let it dry. Flip each bead over, coat the second side and edges with Sculpey gloss and let it dry.
7. When the beads are dry, string one end of the jewelry wire through a crimp bead, one side of the lobster clasp and back through the crimp bead. Crimp with crimping pliers.
8. String beads and spacers to make a bracelet.
9. After stringing the last bead, thread the wire through a crimp bead, the other side of the clasp and back through the crimp bead. Crimp with crimping pliers. Snip ends of wire.
Blog Cabin 2015: Chris's Take (00:01:53)
Stone Fireplace Surround (05:32)
Build a Reclaimed Wood Cabinet (00:01:00)
Football Cave (00:20:01)
Indoor/Outdoor Lounge (20:00)
Step 1: Choose the Right Size (00:33)
Building Elegant Box Beams (02:39)
Sew a Duvet Cover (02:07)
On-the-Go Travel Humidifier (00:01:10)
Flooring Options (01:31)
Chalkboard Paint Ideas for the Kitchen 11 Photos
Colorful Bathroom Designs You'll Love 25 Photos
Photo Gallery: Types of Bricks 7 Photos
Small Bathroom Storage Solutions 8 Photos
20 Stylish Bathroom Storage Ideas 20 Photos
How to Add Outlets 8 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.