From handmade chocolates and hot cocoa mix to candy and cookies, sugary treats are a great way to say thank you to your wedding guests.
More in Decorating
Ingredients, Materials and Tools:
chocolate for melting
glassine sleeve (available from photo-supply or craft stores)
small rubber stamp
embossing stamp pad
embossing or heat gun
ribbon (6" per favor)
1. Microwave chocolate on low for one minute. Continue melting in 30-second intervals, stirring each time. When the chocolate is smooth and fully melted, it's ready to be poured into the molds.
2. With a spoon, fill each section of the mold with melted chocolate. Gently tap the mold to remove any air bubbles.
3. Let chocolate cool before popping out of the molds. Use the edge of a knife to remove any extra bits of chocolate.
4. Emboss an image on the glassine sleeves, if desired. Working over a file folder, stamp the rubber stamp with embossing ink; sprinkle embossing powder on the wet ink. Tap off excess powder and funnel excess powder back into the powder jar. Heat with an embossing or heat gun until the embossing powder has melted.
5. Place several chocolates in a glassine sleeve; fold over the top edge of the sleeve.
6. Punch a hole in the top center of the tag. Punch a matching hole in the top center of the decorative tag.
7. Layer the tag over the glassine sleeve. Fold a ribbon in half, thread the looped end through both holes and loop the tails back through the folded loop. Trim ribbon ends on an angle.
Top 10 Water Features (20:01)
Create a Faux Tile Backsplash (01:02)
Cleaning Window Treatments (05:11)
Building a Kitchen Bar Cart (01:02)
A Porch to Chill On Part 1 (06:01)
Decorative Cabinet Panels (03:16)
Installing Laminate Floors (01:00)
Relaxing Yard for Entertaining (00:03:14)
Faucet Tips (01:50)
Garden Water Features 12 Photos
DIY Weddings: Table Setting Ideas 8 Photos
Pictures of Formal English Gardens 17 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
Chalkboard Paint Ideas for the Kitchen 11 Photos
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties 12 Photos
Blog Cabin 2012: Artistic Vision 100 Photos
Stylish and Unique Headboard Ideas 9 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.