Give wedding guests an elegant, romantic gift with soy wax candles nestled in real seashells.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
paper or paper bags
soy wax pellets
wick and metal wick holder (both available at craft stores)
disposable pipettes (available at candle- and soap-making stores online)
1. Choose the shells: shells with deeper cavities will hold more wax and burn the longest. Clean them in a mild solution of water and bleach; rinse with cold water.
2. Crumple paper or a paper bag and put in a bowl. Nestle the shell on the crumpled paper; this will stabilize the shell while you're pouring the wax.
3. Place a wick with preattached metal wick holders (great for shallow vessels) in the center of the shell.
4. Melt soy wax in the microwave, per package instructions. Use a disposable pipette to pipe wax into the shell.
5. Let the wax cool for at least 30 minutes; the surface of the wax may look hard sooner, but the wax underneath takes longer to fully harden. When dry, trim the wick.
6. Choose a sea-themed die-cut. Rub on an initial using the back of a paintbrush or a wooden craft stick. Place the candle in the center of a tulle circle, wrap the candle and attach the monogrammed die-cut to the candle with a ribbon.
Hollywood-Inspired Girl's Bathroom 9 Photos
6 Ways to Embellish Your Staircase 6 Photos
Bathrooms with Unique Features 15 Photos
Extraordinary Garage Makeovers 9 Photos
Stunning Bathroom Sinks and Vanities 47 Photos
Setting up a Basic DIY Toolkit 26 Photos
Pleasing Patio Designs 35 Photos
How To Replace a Bathroom Light Fixture 11 Photos
How to Make a Halloween Spider Cake 6 Photos
Creative BATHtastic! Spaces 11 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.