If you've been throwing away bottle caps, stop right now. Here's how to make a pendant from a bottle cap -- or you can link a series of caps together to create a longer pendant or a charm bracelet.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
1" circle punch
Place each bottle cap, ridge side down, on the wooden board. Flatten with the rubber mallet (figure A). Repeat with as many caps as you need.
1. Punch one hole through the flattened rim of each bottle cap with a nail and a hammer. If you want to link caps together, punch two holes (top and bottom).
2. Use the 1" circle punch to cut the image into a circle. Glue the image to the to the inside of the bottle cap and allow to dry. Make sure the image is facing up, toward the punched hole.
4. Seal the image with a thick coating of Diamond Glaze and allow it to dry following the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Repeat the process with as many bottle caps as you need.
6. To make a single pendant, use jewelry pliers to attach a jump ring through the punched hole and slide onto a necklace base. To make a linked pendant, use jewelry pliers and jump rings to link the bottle caps together and attach a jump ring at the top; slide onto a necklace base.
Flooring Transition Strips (03:26)
Front-Porch Bench (01:47)
Adding a Barrel Vault Ceiling (00:01:00)
Dishwasher Panel Switcheroo (03:10)
Arts and Crafts Window Trim (03:11)
Build a Wood-Plank Backsplash (00:01:00)
Installing Bathroom Speakers (00:01:00)
Stacked Wire Cuff (05:03)
Installing a GFCI Outlet (05:32)
Bathroom Rehab to Impress (03:46)
Design Tips for Beautiful Pergolas 16 Photos
Extraordinary Garage Makeovers 9 Photos
Outdoor Kitchen Ideas 26 Photos
Front Yard Landscaping Ideas 9 Photos
Cottage-Style Landscapes and Gardens 15 Photos
How to Countersink a Screw 4 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.