If you've been throwing away bottle caps, stop right now. Here's how to make a pendant from a bottle cap -- or you can link a series of caps together to create a longer pendant or a charm bracelet.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
1" circle punch
Place each bottle cap, ridge side down, on the wooden board. Flatten with the rubber mallet (figure A). Repeat with as many caps as you need.
1. Punch one hole through the flattened rim of each bottle cap with a nail and a hammer. If you want to link caps together, punch two holes (top and bottom).
2. Use the 1" circle punch to cut the image into a circle. Glue the image to the to the inside of the bottle cap and allow to dry. Make sure the image is facing up, toward the punched hole.
4. Seal the image with a thick coating of Diamond Glaze and allow it to dry following the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Repeat the process with as many bottle caps as you need.
6. To make a single pendant, use jewelry pliers to attach a jump ring through the punched hole and slide onto a necklace base. To make a linked pendant, use jewelry pliers and jump rings to link the bottle caps together and attach a jump ring at the top; slide onto a necklace base.
Ingenious Yard Nutcracker (04:53)
Step 3: Install the Top Rail (01:10)
Building a Deck With Curves (03:45)
Beadboard Alternative (01:00)
Home Theater Hub (20:01)
Flooring Overview (02:37)
Big Boy Budget Bedroom (03:58)
Updating a Fireplace (01:00)
Cool Floating Kitchen Shelves (04:55)
Build a Marble-Top Table (00:01:00)
How to Sew a Fleece Christmas Stocking 12 Photos
Our Favorite Bedrooms From Rate My Space 10 Photos
Blog Cabin 2013: Final Stages of Framing 18 Photos
12 Creative Craft Room Storage Ideas 12 Photos
10 Ways to Upgrade Your Outdoor Spaces 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.