Looking for some ambience? This elegant beaded lamp will add a groovy vibe to any room.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
lampshade holder ring with drilled holes for hanging prisms
standard washer-top bulb clip
painter's or masking tape
medium-gauge jewelry chain
two pairs round-nosed jewelry pliers
4mm or 6mm jump rings
miscellaneous beads of different sizes and colors
1. Cut monofilament line 4" longer than the length of bead strands. To determine the length of the beaded strands, place lampshade ring on the lamp and measure how far down the beaded strands will hang. This measurement will vary depending on the height of the lamp. This shade is 8" long, so the monofilament was cut to 12" lengths.
2. Thread a large bead or charm on the monofilament and knot at the bottom to secure. Use a measuring tape to measure the strand and continue stringing beads on the line until the bead strand is 8" long.
3. When the bead strand is the desired length, wrap a small amount of painter's or masking tape to the end of the monofilament to prevent the beads from sliding off while working on additional strands.
4. Using round-nosed jewelry pliers, open a link in the jewelry chain to create the length of chain needed for the lamp; we used 9" lengths of chain. Continue to make additional chain lengths.
5. Open a jump ring with the round-nosed pliers and attach a charm to one end of a length of chain.
6. Make enough beaded strands and lengths of chain with charms to attach to the drilled holes in the lampshade ring. We attached chain or strands to every other hole.
7. Tie the bead strands to the lamp by threading the top of the monofilament line through the drilled prism hole in the lampshade ring. Tie the monofilament in a double knot to secure the strand.
8. Attach the chain lengths to the lampshade ring by opening a jump ring with round-nosed pliers, threading the chain on the jump ring, inserting the jump ring through one of the drilled holes in the lampshade ring and closing the jump ring.
9. Trim away any excess monofilament and attach the shade to the lamp.
Tips for Planning Garden Beds (00:01:54)
Windowsill Repair (04:03)
Shower Stall Design Options (00:01:00)
Wedding Guest Book (04:47)
Dining Booth Table (02:53)
Pantry Organization Tips (00:00:59)
Remax: Stone Mailbox Surround (01:02)
Granite Countertop Options (00:00:60)
Rustic Paver Walkway (02:21)
How To Clad a Kitchen Island 7 Photos
10 Unique Ideas for Wedding Guest Books 10 Photos
© 2014 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.