Thread delicate seed beads around a larger wooden bead to create a centerpiece necklace bead-lovers will adore.
More in Decorating
Materials and Tools:
large wooden bead
seed beads (determine the approximate amount needed in advance)
silver end tips
2 medium decorative beads
1. Tie a long piece of monofilament to the large wooden bead by threading it through the center of the bead and around the outer edge. Secure the line with a double knot.
2. Add seed beads to the line until there are enough beads to cover the side of the wooden bead. Wrap the line through the center of the bead and add a second row of seed beads. Keep adding beads and wrapping the line through the center of the bead until the bead is wrapped with seed beads. Knot the ends of the filament to secure the seed beads in place.
3. Thread a decorative bead, the beaded bead and a second decorative bead onto an end tip.
4. Cut the top off the eye pin and, using the round-nose pliers, make a loop at one end of the pin.
5. Cut a piece of chain to the desired length of the necklace, keeping in mind that the beads will add to the final length of the necklace. Cut this piece of chain in half and attach each half to an end of the linked bead charm. Make a loop at one end.
6. Attach an end tip and the other end of the clasp by repeating step 3.