Tour Blog Cabin and The Preserve at Little Pine
Support local and regional charities and enjoy magnificent views and fall foliage.
From September 1 to November 1, 2009, DIY Blog Cabin, along with The Preserve at Little Pine, will be open for tours. Other activities will include live art galleries hosted by the Madison County Arts Council, cooking schools, nature walks, trail riding and fishing schools. All proceeds will benefit local charities within western North Carolina.
- Tours of the state-of-the-art Equestrian Center
- Tours of the Grassland Mountain Observatory, the third-largest dark-sky telescope on the East Coast
- Tours of the Grassland Mountain Lodge, celebrating its grand opening
- Live Art Gallery, featuring more than 50 artists from the Madison Arts Council
- Tours of Ward Pavilion and the famous Lasagna Garden
- Nature trail walks
- Sustainable agriculture tours of the new Hops Yard and Little Pine Vineyard
- Fly-fishing demonstrations for kids
- Cooking schools hosted by local restaurants and celebrated chefs
- Tours of the Butterfly Garden, featuring some of the rarest species in the Southeast
- Blog Cabin vendor exhibits
- Jewel of the Blue Ridge driving tour, which highlights the history of Madison County
- Trail rides with Sandy Bottoms Trail Riding
- Paddling adventures along the third-oldest river in the world
For further information, call 1-866-449-0023 or visit littlepine.info.
Blog Cabin 2009: The Preserve at Little Pine
See what it's like to live in this close-knit mountain community.
Blog Cabin 2009: Man-Cave Wall Color, Treehouse Design and Street Name Voting Choices
Tour the choices for the man-cave wall color, treehouse design and street name.
Blog Cabin 2009: Life at Little Pine
With hiking trails, campsites, seasonal community events and more, see what life at Little Pine is all about.
Blog Cabin 2009: Q&A with Phillip Richardson, Greenstone Builders Inc.
An expert answers building questions about the DIY Blog Cabin 2009.
Blog Cabin 2009: Flooring and Exterior Paint Color Voting Choices
Take a detailed look at the flooring and exterior paint color choices for Blog Cabin 2009.
Blog Cabin 2009: Endless-View Lodge Voting Choice
Tour the floor plan of the Endless-View Lodge.
Blog Cabin 2009: The First Homesite Photos
The Meadow View homesite is a picture-perfect lot, complete with old-growth pines and hardwoods.
Blog Cabin 2009: Views In and Around Asheville
Check out the amazing views Asheville, N.C., just a short drive from Blog Cabin 2009, has to offer.
Blog Cabin Carpenter: Ryan James Heryford
Meet one of the carpenters responsible for building DIY Blog Cabin 2009.
Blog Cabin 2009: Asheville Living
Discover the sights and sounds of Asheville, a short drive from Little Pine and Blog Cabin 2009.