Tour Blog Cabin and The Preserve at Little Pine
Support local and regional charities and enjoy magnificent views and fall foliage.
From September 1 to November 1, 2009, DIY Blog Cabin, along with The Preserve at Little Pine, will be open for tours. Other activities will include live art galleries hosted by the Madison County Arts Council, cooking schools, nature walks, trail riding and fishing schools. All proceeds will benefit local charities within western North Carolina.
- Tours of the state-of-the-art Equestrian Center
- Tours of the Grassland Mountain Observatory, the third-largest dark-sky telescope on the East Coast
- Tours of the Grassland Mountain Lodge, celebrating its grand opening
- Live Art Gallery, featuring more than 50 artists from the Madison Arts Council
- Tours of Ward Pavilion and the famous Lasagna Garden
- Nature trail walks
- Sustainable agriculture tours of the new Hops Yard and Little Pine Vineyard
- Fly-fishing demonstrations for kids
- Cooking schools hosted by local restaurants and celebrated chefs
- Tours of the Butterfly Garden, featuring some of the rarest species in the Southeast
- Blog Cabin vendor exhibits
- Jewel of the Blue Ridge driving tour, which highlights the history of Madison County
- Trail rides with Sandy Bottoms Trail Riding
- Paddling adventures along the third-oldest river in the world
For further information, call 1-866-449-0023 or visit littlepine.info.
Blog Cabin 2009: The Preserve at Little Pine
See what it's like to live in this close-knit mountain community.
Blog Cabin 2009: Life at Little Pine
With hiking trails, campsites, seasonal community events and more, see what life at Little Pine is all about.
Blog Cabin 2009: The Natural Beauty of Little Pine
Check out all of the natural features the site of Blog Cabin 2009 has to offer.
Blog Cabin 2009: Exterior Construction
View exterior construction details of Blog Cabin 2009.
Blog Cabin 2009: Scenes From the Site
Tour the scenes around Blog Cabin 2009.
Blog Cabin 2009: Interior Construction
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the interior construction of Blog Cabin 2009.
Blog Cabin 2009: Construction Begins
Clearing of the site and pouring of the foundation are among the first steps in the construction process.
Blog Cabin 2009: Asheville Living
Discover the sights and sounds of Asheville, a short drive from Little Pine and Blog Cabin 2009.
Blog Cabin 2009: The First Homesite Photos
The Meadow View homesite is a picture-perfect lot, complete with old-growth pines and hardwoods.