The DIY Network's 'I Want That' is back and is currently casting homeowners in the Washington D.C Metro Area.
More in About Us
The DIY Network's I Want That is back and is currently casting homeowners in the Washington D.C Metro Area.
I Want That is a fast-paced tour through the latest and greatest home and garden products. From smart appliances, hardware gadgets and tools to home finishings and the newest products for your pets, cars and gardens, there is something for everyone on I Want That! This series earns its unique, authentic DIY flavor by featuring real homeowners demonstrating these products in their home. In most cases you will get to keep the product that you demonstrate.
The casting team is seeking enthusiastic, clear-spoken homeowners who can breathe life into the products featured on I Want That. Fully-finished homes (or rooms) and homeowners with flexible weekday schedules will distinguish a casting application. Some basic home improvement experience is required. Homes within 30 minutes driving time from downtown Washington D.C. will be strongly considered. Please keep in mind, this is not a renovation show and we do not make-over homes or entire rooms.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include ALL of the following:
1) Your complete contact information including home, work and cell phone numbers. Please include your home address.
2) Information about yourself including your age range, weekdays that you are available to shoot, and the types of projects your family enjoys doing.
3) Pictures of your home, including: exterior pictures of your front and back yard, pictures of your kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedrooms, garage, and workbench if you have one. Please include at least one picture of you and your family. Great garages, workbenches, and "man-caves" are always in short supply, so if you got it, let us see it!
4) Please be aware that we usually need three or four individuals to demonstrate products on each shoot day. If you do not have three to four adults in your home, please consider asking neighbors, friends or family members to demonstrate products on shoot day. During the casting process we will ask for photos of any person scheduled to appear on camera.
5) Include your family name and city of residence in your email subject line. For example: The Brown Family - Rockville MD.
Installing a Double Wall Oven (02:54)
Installing Hardwood Flooring (00:01:00)
Create a Custom Kitchen Island (00:01:00)
Stanley Fat Max Extreme FuBar (00:01:17)
Nail Gun Basics (02:03)
Bamboo Options in Kitchen (00:01:00)
Green-With-Envy Kitchen Redo (03:55)
A Rustic Bath With a Fireplace (00:03:21)
Setting Deck Support Posts (01:39)
Pathways to Nowhere (03:26)
Adding Texture to Walls 3 Photos
Ways to Declutter and Stay Organized 11 Photos
15 Amazing Gingerbread Houses 15 Photos
Top 10 DIY Dining Room Projects 10 Photos
Dream Decks and Patios 15 Photos
© 2013 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.